The dean of a Conference shall:
- aid the Conference and its planning council in setting and achieving Conference objectives,
- arrange the monthly meetings of ordained ministers, and deacons,
- maintain personal contacts with the ordained ministers and deacons of the Conference,
- serve as a communications link between the synod office and the ordained ministers, and deacons of the Conference,
- make an annual written report to the bishop — including a summary of Conference activities and advising with respect to the conditions and needs of this church within her/his Conference — to be part of the reports to the Assembly, and\
- perform such other duties as the bishop may from time to time assign.
The deans may attend meetings of the Council as spokespeople and observers for their Conferences, with voice but not vote at such meetings.